Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Keep Trying

I had to keep trying. As scared as I was of the medicine, I knew that I needed it. The next medicine on the menu was Effexor. I was so scared to take this, I had a panic attack just holding it in my hand before I put it in my mouth. I took it...

I woke up the next morning and I felt like a truck had run me over in the middle of the night. I checked with the doctor and he said that this was normal. I kept taking it and before long the panic and fog went away. I had found the right one...

With the help of this calming medicine, I was able to successfully ride my bicycle across the country. I felt like a new person and the side effects were minimal.

I would go on to take Effexor for many years. But, I realized that I had to be able to live without it. Life without it would be the next adventure on the horizon....

No comments: